Last Week in CCM

 Hola Familia!!


First off, Happy Birthday Karsten!!!!!!!! I love you so much you oldie!!

I forgot my notes of things that I was going to write so if I am kind of all over the place just bear with me (: 

This week we started teaching Tere, who is the daughter of Carmen who we were teaching before but now we are not teaching her, and Agustin. We taught Tere on Tuesday and Thursday, and Agustin on Monday and Wednesday. Our first visits with both of them went really well, and then we had our second one with Agustin and it's not that it was bad but we could have definitely done a better job at teaching him as a person en vez de a lesson. So, as we prepared for teaching Tere, we really focused as a companionship to apply what we were teaching to Tere. During the lesson, it was going very well, and you could definitely feel the spirit, however you could also feel that there was something missing. Our teacher, hermana Mera, paused us and asked us what was the objective that we had in mind. My companion and I both responded with the compromiso of baptism. Then she asked, if Tere was in there too, and if not, then to switch it and put here in there with the objective. After she said that, there was a click, and I automatically felt the amount of love that the Lord had for Tere and I don't remember the words that I said, but I bore testimony and promised her blessings for being baptized. My companion then began to say her testimony, and then Hermana Mera egged her on with another question of why, WHY do YOU want Tere to be baptized. Hermana Bravo then gave the most sincere and sweetest testimony and again, I don't remember the words that were said but I do remember the spirit that I felt and the amount of love that I had for Tere. That was such a cool experience to have.

The language is getting better!! Last week, there were several times where I was getting frustrated because I couldn't truly express what I wanted to anyone and I know Spanish! However, after prayer, scripture study in Spanish, and much comfort from my companions and teachers I have the faith that it can only get better. Hermana Bravo is pretty much my auto correct haha. I will be talking and then I will look to her to see if I conjugated the verbs correctly and she helps me out. Ah man I love her! Oh and speaking about languages, Hermana Bravo and another Elder in our district are going to Brazil on their missions but are here because of their visas. There is a teacher here who also speaks Portuguese so yesterday he taught them Portuguese for about an hour, and seeing that I can't make combinaciones secretas I got to tag along!! So now I know the alphabet, heart, prayer, Jesus Christ, and the Atonement in Portuguese! I am pretty much a pro already.

This week and last week, my district and I had the opportunity to leave this bubble of the CCM and go to the temple!! I love the temple so much! It is so pretty there and so of course we took lots of pictures and the fact that we can only take pictures on p days, so if you think that I just wear the same thing everyday from pictures, I promise I don't. 

It is amazing how fast the time flies. I leave for California on Tuesday at like one in the morning and I am beyond excited!! I have absolutely LOVED being here in mexico at the CCM meeting new people and learning SO many new things, but I am also really excited to get to the campo!

I love you all so much and hope you have such a wonderful week full of the Spirit!!

Pictures are me and my companion with Elder Harris!! My District and the temple!!





 


Comments

Popular Posts